Today, VMTurbo have launched their Virtual Health Monitor tool and they are letting it loose on the world for the whopping figure of… wait for it…
$0 – That’s right, free.
The tool is an updated and evolved version of the Community Edition of VMTurbo’s Operations Manager product and comes without restrictions on where and how often you deploy it and what it monitors. Ok, that’s not so clear.
The tool is downloaded as an appliance from VMTurbo’s website in a format optimised for one of the following platforms:
- VMware vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- RedHat Enterprise Virtualisation (RHEV)
- Citrix XenServer
The format of the appliance is the only difference that you should find between the versions though as it’s capable of monitoring all of them at the same time. You just download the format that matches the virtual infrastructure where you want to host the tool.
The features that VMTurbo offer with the tool include:
- Instant visibility to health and performance;
- Unlimited use across virtual data centers of any size;
- Free monitoring and reporting for any hypervisor;
- Lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) due to innovative product architecture;
- Weekly analysis of utilisation rates and areas to improve efficiency and reduce risk
As I’m waiting for the 428Mb appliance to download over the wet bit of string that is my broadband tonight I can’t speak to the experience of deploying it and what it looks like yet but I hope to have the time to kick the tyres on it tomorrow.